PBGR – Proficiency Based Graduation Requirements
Exhibition is a culminating event in a student’s high school career specifically designed for every student to demonstrate proficiency in the Applied Learning Standards: problem solving, critical thinking, research, communication, reflection and evaluation. This semester long course culminates in a formal presentation of a comprehensive “research” project centered on a student’s personal interest with written work compiled into a formal binder and an oral presentation enhanced with a visual presentation to showcase to the panel of judges their work to meet or exceed standard. Students not only work in class with a Lincoln High School teacher, but with an approved mentor to guide students in successfully completing their work.
- All Exhibition documents and material can be found digitally here
- Stuck on picking your topic? Working with your mentor on finalizing your end-product/solution? Click here for help!
- Students taking Exhibition will be required to select and work with a mentor for 7 hours during the course of completing their projects. Mentors MUST receive and submit a criminal background check (BCI) before they can work with a student. Failing to complete this component will nullify any hours submitted for approval. Lincoln residents may receive a free BCI report from the Lincoln Police Department. For residents of Lincoln, please see our notice in regards to acquiring this locally. For further information on the RI law requiring BCI checks for volunteers/mentors, please click here to learn more about Rhode Island General Laws 16-2-18.4
- Exhibition Dates:
- January 5, 2018
- May 18, 2018
Richer Picture E-Portfolio:
A collection of work that demonstrates a student’s proficiency int he school’s academic, civic and social expectations. In a student’s portfolio, students will collect 22 required assignments, a Top 10 Reading List, Yearly Reflection, exhibit Fine Arts or Music Proficiency, Civic Expectations through their Civic Responsibility class, social expectations by recommendations, and a Summative Reflective Essay. Students will upload any work for the portfolio using Richer Picture’s E-Portfolio.
- Access Richer Picture E-Portfolio log-in here
- Missing any Portfolio documents? Click here for digital copies of documents needed
- E-Portfolio FAQs
- CLASS OF 2018 SENIOR PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION #1 IS MARCH 15TH, 2018!!!!!
Students need to have the following items COMPLETED by March 15th, 2018:
1) Reflective Essay
2) Completed Top Ten Reading List & Reflections
3) Two Social Expectations Recommendations
Failure to complete the above items will result in being placed on Academic Probation.
- CLASS OF 2018 SENIOR PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION #2 IS APRIL 30TH, 2018!!!!!
Students will have until April 30th, 2018 to complete and submit portfolio entries to satisfy portfolio requirements in the Writing, Listening & Speaking, Critical Thinking (Math & Science), Technology, Fine Arts, and Civic Expectations categories. Failure to complete all the above items will prohibit a student from receiving a Lincoln High School diploma.
- Students WILL BE asked to complete a yearly reflection at the end of each school year. Students will post these reflections on their Richer Picture accounts. Failure to do so will result in being placed on Academic Probation.
- All students must sign into their Richer Picture accounts on a weekly basis to upload portfolio tasks and update their graduation e-portfolio. If students do not remember their usernames/password, please contact Mr. Dalpe at email@example.com
- Students must upload their work to their Richer Picture E-Portfolio pages! Assignments posted on Richer Picture which DO NOT have work uploaded will NOT COUNT toward their portfolio requirements.
- **NEW** All returning Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores must submit their year-end reflections from the 2016-2017 school year by September 30th, 2017. Students who do not meet this deadline will be placed on academic probation until the reflection is submitted.
Mr. Paul Dalpe – PBGR Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Lincoln High School PBGR informational website for more in regards to Exhibition/Portfolio
- Rhode Island Department of Education – further information in regards to state standards/expectations for graduation requirements