The Lincoln Athletic Council (LAC) is a parent driven sub-committee of PACT, with consultation and direct involvement from Principal Kevin McNamara and Director of Athletics Brian Fineberg. The Athletic council raises money to support the celebration of success of Lincoln’s student athletes, and is responsible for Varsity Letters and Pins, LHS Athletics Hall of Fame and the senior Athletic Banquet (part of senior week).
The senior Athletic banquet is a great night, celebrating the Senior students who participated in a sport while at LHS. Plaques and certificates are distributed to all student athletes completing their career, at this semi-formal dinner.
Questions, comments or concerns about the Athletic council can be directed to Athletic Director Gregory O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News (as of September 30, 2013)
- Golf Tourney was a great success! We will most likely secure a date for our 2nd annual tourney to be held at Kirkbrae next summer. Volunteers will be encouraged to assist Brian Fineburg and Nick Maresca throughout this school year to recruit more golfers and tee sponsors. Please contact Brian for more information.
- Congratulations to Jill Klitzner for willing the blanket raffle at the Freshman Roar. We are close to 50 family memberships for the LAC!
- LAC presents “A REVERSE RAFFLE” to be held on Friday, November 8, 2013 at St. Basil’s Church at 7:00. Tickets are $50. All proceeds go directly towards Lincoln Athletics. 175 tickets must be sold for the $5,000 to be awarded. Less than 175 tickets sold, the prize will be $3,500. WE need help selling tickets!! Athletic Council Members that have tickets now include: Kevin McNamara, Sheila Brown, Maureen Dyer, Pattie Walsh and Amy Joyce. Please contact Amy Joyce if you would like to help selltickets—email@example.com or 864-0146.
- Liz Juckett is working on food donations from local restaurants for this evening. We have a donation letter to present to local restaurants and are looking for more volunteers to assist us in this task. Liz is targeting Dragon Villa and Overtime. Please contact Amy Joyce to volunteer to seek donations and to get the letter–firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-0146
- Pattie Walsh is working on beer/wine donations for this evening and Mr. McNamara has secured a bartender for the evening. If anyone would be willing to assist Pattie, we would greatly appreciate it!
- A big thank you to Del Poulin for designing and printing the tickets for the event. Please note that Athletic Council Members that offer to assist in selling tickets must keep an accurate list of ticket numbers and the name of buyer as well as if the buyer would like to split the prize when down to the last ten (stated on the back of the ticket).
- LIONS DEN PASSES are for sale!! $25.00 per pass for any ten admissions to the following sporting events: football, soccer, basketball, wrestling, volleyball. These passes will be on sale all year. Passes have been available at the gate for soccer games this fall and through Amy Joyce at football games this fall. If a family fills a pass, they may purchase another pass for $15.00. Please see or contact Amy Joyce or Brian Fineburg for passes or for more information.
- An inventory of varsity letters and pins was discussed and further discussions will take place at the conclusion of each sporting season. Roster verification forms will be discussed in upcoming meetings as well to keep an accurate record of team rosters, awards, honors, etc….
- Last year, all coaches received a letter from the Athletic Council to seek donations from each team sport to be raffled off during the Reverse Raffle. We did receive donations from the following sports: Boys Basketball, Girls Tennis, Football, Field Hockey, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer. If coaches have collected money from their team last year or if you have any further information regarding these donations, please contact Brian Fineburg or Amy Joyce. To assist with this task this year, it would be beneficial to have a team parent. We would love for that team parent to be an active member of the Athletic Council!! Coaches are more than welcome to each Athletic Council meeting too!
News (as of September 8, 2013)
- Congratulations to Jill Klitzner! Jill was the winner of the LINCOLN ATHLETIC blanket raffled off at the Freshman Roar.
- Thank you to all the new members of the LINCOLN ATHLETIC COUNCIL. The year is off to a great start with your membership contribution. We are hoping to get at least one parent from each team to be a member of LAC. Talk it up in the stands…who is the parent representative for your child’s team on the LAC?
- The first meeting of the year is scheduled for Tuesday, September 17th at 6:00 in the library. The PACT meeting will follow at 7:00.
- LIONS DEN PASSES ARE AVAILABLE!! Passes are $25.00 and good for 10 admissions to any of the following events: boys/girls soccer, football, boys/girls volleyball, wrestling, boys/girls basketball. Submit your completed pass to the LAC and purchase a second pass for $15.00. You may contact Amy Joyce, email@example.com or Brian Fineburg,firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. You may also send in a check, made payable to LINCOLN HIGH SCHOOL, with a self addressed stamped envelope to receive your pass by mail. We are trying our best to sell passes at the admission gates as well. Football and boys basketball families can contact Amy Joyce(Tyge’s mom).…Girls Soccer can contact Patty Walsh(Meredith’s mom)….Girls Basketball can contact Maureen Dyer(Kellyn’s mom)….we are looking for a few more parents to help sell the passes!
- Reverse Raffle is on Friday, November 8, 2013 at St Basil’s Parish Hall. Tickets are $50 and will be available soon. Besides the golf tournament, this is our only fundraiser for the year. The reverse raffle directly supports the Senior Athletic Banquet in May.
- RIIL.org is a great resource for all student athletes and their families. Sign up to be a fan and receive updates on cancellations, scores, game times, directions, and more!! www.RIIL.org
News (as of August 7, 2013)
- Thank you to all that participated in the 1st Annual LAC Golf Tournament that was held at Kirkbrae Country Club on Monday, August 5, 2013. It was a great event and we look forward to next year’s tournament.
- LAC will have a table at the Freshman Roar–Keep an eye out for our table to learn more about LAC
- The LAC Reverse Raffle is being held on Friday, November 8, 2013 at St Basil’s
- Membership for families is $10 per year.
- Lions Den Athletic pass are on sale. Cost for the pass is $25.00 and gives you admission into any 10 of the following events: Fall: Boys/Girls Soccer; G Volleyball; Football Winter: B/G Basketball; Wrestling Spring: B Volleyball