Detention falls into two categories: teacher detention and administrative detention. Failure to report for teacher detention will result in adminis-trative detention. Failure to report for administrative detention can re-sult in a doubling of the originally assigned time. A second offense can result in suspension. Parents of secondary school children will be noti-fied, by the administrator, within forty-eight hours of assignment of detention.Administrative Detention Rules
- Detention is held from 2:00 to 3:00PM Three-hour administrative detention will be held from 2:00 to 5:00PM in a location to be de-termined by the administration.
- Lateness is not excusable; students arriving late will be refused ad-mittance and referred to an Assistant Principal.
- Students are not allowed to bring candy, soda, gum, or food of any description to the session. The use of any type of electronic device is forbidden.
- Students must perform school-related work for the duration of the detention period.
- Students must maintain absolute silence throughout the session.
- An unexcused absence or disciplinary expulsion will result in the assignment of two additional detentions or suspension.
–From the LHS Student Handbook